Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DIY Burp Cloths

I am an emotional crafter. And eater..... and shopper, but enough about me. Last week was a rough one... cranky baby who is refusing to gain weight , 3 sick kids and my own illness, on top of the everyday madness. I fell into the craft store on my to pick up dinner. I wanted something to distract me , but I could do... quickly.  I went to the fabric crafting aisle and found some pre-made burp cloths and tons of cute iron-on and fabric appliqué's. There I had my "AH-HA!" moment. I can make too cute burp cloths.. in 5 minutes. All you need is and iron, iron-on patches and fabric. You can basically embellish ANYTHING.

Here is the how-to:



1. Gather your supplies. Plain burp cloths or diaper, Iron-on appliqué, and iron.








2.Place the patch where you want it.


3. Place another burp cloth between the iron and the patch to take some of the heat. Hold there for 30-45 seconds. 

4. voilà! Here is the final product.
Here are some of the others I have made. I have since added sea foam colored ric-rak to the sailboat one ( it looks like ocean waves) I have a fourth cloth that I am hoping to add gross grain ribbon to , I just need to get off my rear and set up the sewing machine to do it.
I also did a t-shit at the request of my oldest. You can basically do this to anything!
Happy Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment